COVID-19 and SASMOA Member safety
Thank you to all SASMOA doctors for everything you are doing to keep our community safe during the COVID-19 health emergency.
SASMOA will continue to communicate with Members via Member Updates regarding COVID-19 and other issues. You can log-in as a Member to read all our updates on our Member website. If you are a Member and not receiving these emails please let us know.
There is also some information on this page regarding industrial and other workplace arrangements.
If you are a doctor and feeling overwhelmed then please contact Doctors Health SA - your own health and wellbeing is very important.
As always, you can get in touch with SASMOA via firstname.lastname@example.org and 8267 5151.
Chief Industrial Officer, SASMOA
Major Emergency Declaration
After more than two years, the COVID-19 Major Emergency Declaration was lifted in South Australia on 24 May 2022. However, amendments have been made to the South Australian Public Health Act 2011 to enable some important public health measures to remain.
This is essential to protect the South Australian community and ensure the health system’s resources can manage COVID-19 cases.
Under the Public Health Act, existing requirements will continue to apply, including requirements for:
• isolation of positive COVID-19 cases
• close contacts
• mask wearing in health care settings, correctional services, passenger transport, and airports and airplanes
• COVID-19 vaccination for health care, residential aged care and in-home disability care workers
• testing of international arrivals
• COVID Safe Check-In in hospitals, residential aged care and disability care facilities.
More information is available on the SA Health website.